KUREDU ISLAND RESORT & SPA
Maldives – Lhaviyani Atoll
WHEN CAN I GO?
1 October 2020 – 31 October 2020
7 Night holiday on Kuredu
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DEAL?
Honeymoon Value adds: Complimentary fruit plate, flowers and bottle of sparkling wine on arrival
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
A weekend surcharge is applicable for travel on Fridays and Saturdays.A shoulder season surcharge applies for travel on certain dates in March and April 2020 of approx. R900.00 per person.A high season surcharge applies for travel from 2 – 6 January 2020, 13 – 22 June 2020 & 10 – 23 December 2020 of approx. R2 100.00 per person.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Packages are subject to availability at the time of the reservation.Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and currency fluctuations. Re-booking and cancellation fees apply.All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.Standard terms and conditions apply.All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
A 40 minute seaplane transfer from the international airport
The 387 rooms all feature tropical décor, a king size bed, tile or wood floors, porch with furniture.
Garden Bungalows (Size: 54 m2)
Located in the gardens, a few steps from the beach, with a partially open-air bathroom with shower, and a complimentary initial stock of coffee/tea.
Beach Bungalows (Size: 54 m2)
Located on the beach with a beautiful view of the lagoon, the same room and amenities as the Garden Bungalows, with four-poster bed.
Beach Villas (Size: 57 m2)
Located on the beach, more spacious wooden rooms with a partially open-air bathroom with walk-in shower, double sinks, decorative wrought iron furniture, stocked Mini Bar, stocked wine refrigerator, complimentary once daily restocking of coffee/tea, color cable TV, high speed broadband Internet connection and iPod docking station.
The Beach Villas are divided into 3 different categories – Beach Villas on the North beach, Premium Beach Villas on the South beach and O Beach Villas along the North East and South East beach. The O Beach Villas do not accommodate children under 12 years.
Jacuzzi Beach Villas (Size: 78 m2)
Located on the beach, the same room and amenities as the Beach Villas, with four-poster bed, a private walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two and a Thai style shade pavilion.
Jacuzzi Beach Villas are divided into 3 different categories – Jacuzzi Beach Villas on the South beach, Sangu Jacuzzi Beach Villas on the South West beach and O Jacuzzi Beach Villas on the South East beach.
The O Jacuzzi Beach Villas do not accommodate children under 12 years and the Sangu Jacuzzi Beach Villas do not accommodate guests under 18 years.
Sangu Water Villas (Size: 70 m2)
These villas are over-the-water, in the lagoon a short walk along your private jetty to this secluded hideaway, the same room and amenities as the Beach Villa, with an enclosed bathroom, Mini Bar, a private wooden sundeck with chaise lounges and stairs into the sea.
Sangu Water Villa Honeymoon Suite (Size: 125 m2)
These are same as the Sangu Water Villas but more spacious including a living room/dining room area, and bathroom with Jacuzzi.
Private Pool Villa (Size: 287 m2)
These exclusive, luxuriously appointed Villas are located in the gardens surrounded by lush landscaping and the privacy of high walls. They are more spacious, with teak furniture, four-poster bed and features include, iPod docking station, wet bar, Mini Bar, stocked wine refrigerator, a large partially open-air bathroom with a Jacuzzi for two, and your own 4 x 10 meter pool with a large wooden deck.
Private Pool Villa Family Suite (Size: 287 m2)
These are the same as the private pool villas but comprise 2 villas each making them ideal for families. Each villa can accommodated 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults.
- Air conditioning
- Overhead ceiling fan
- Sitting area
- Mini bar refrigerator
- Nespresso machine with tea/coffee facilities
- IDD telephone
- Bluetooth mini speaker for streaming music
- Personal safe
- Bathroom with bath accessories
- Hair dryer
- Nightly turndown service
- Complimentary use of chaise lounges at the pool and beach
- Beach towels
Four main restaurants, Bonthi, Koamas, the O Restaurant and the Sangu Restaurant feature same “all you can eat” buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served in the traditional open-air, sand floor, thatch roof dining rooms.
The optional a la carte restaurants include Francos, an all day dining menu featuring Mediterranean cuisine as well as pizzas, hamburgers and sandwiches
The Far East
Specializing in Japanese, Teppanyaki and Sushi cuisine
Serving fresh seafood and steaks.
There is also a Snack Menu at the Bars, Room Service and very special Dinners served on the Beach.
Akiri Bar on the beach beside the Main Reception
Raalhu Bar in front of Watersports Center
Pool Bar on the pool deck beside Franco’s
Babuna Bar in between the Bonthi and Koamas Buffet Restaurants
Sai Kotari Tea House at the end of the arrival jetty
Sangu Bar at the Sangu Restaurant
“O” Bar at the “O” Restaurant
Golf Bar at the Golf Course
The Resort Sommelier will help you choose from the worldwide selection of over 250 wine labels displayed in this glass windowed showcase located in the Sangu Restaurant
The resort operates on a Full Board basis with the option to upgrade to All Inclusive Plus or All Inclusive Gold.
All Inclusive Plus includes
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Afternoon tea
- Unlimited “all you can drink” alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including water, soft drinks, beer, selection of house cocktails and mocktails, house wine, house brand spirits, coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino, latte and macchiato
- A daily refill of the mini bar including soft drinks, beer, wine, iced coffee and iced tea
- One ½ bottle of Champagne
- One Sunset Cruise
- One half hour group lesson for snorkeling, windsurfing and golf
- Free Yoga session in Duniye Spa
- Free use of the Fitness Center, volleyball and badminton courts
- Daytime use of the tennis court, table tennis, darts and football ground, kayaks
- A 50% discount on selected food at Franco’s, Far East and The Beach Restaurants
- A 50% discount on beverages not included in the above, by the glass (excluding wine)
All Inclusive Gold includes
- All the All Inclusive plus package inclusions plus Premium cocktails
- A la carte coffees
- All mini bar beverages and snacks
- 1 dinner at Franco’s
- 1 round of golf
- 1 hour spa treatment
- 1 introduction or orientation dive
Max Mermaids & Pirates Kids Club welcomes children between ages of 3 and 12 at no charge*, with supervised indoor and outdoor activities. The games in the indoor play area will spark children’s creativity, while the outdoor playground is great for picnics and barefoot frolicking on Kuredu’s fine-grained sand. The Kids’ Club also offers a chargeable babysitting service.
*Children below 3 years may visit the Kids’ Club accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Kids’ Club is free of charge from 09.00 to 18.00. A fee applies between 18.00 and 22.00.
The Duniye Spa provides a tropical spa experience for women and men, focused on wholeness, simplicity, purity and quality. The therapist’s healing energy combined with Asian massage techniques and using only chemical free, pure organic compounds follows a natural, holistic, personalized approach to caring for each guest’s health, beauty and well being. Two Spas, one at the eastern beach and the other in center of the island.
Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms and most public areas for email, web browsing, social networking and telephone calls.
WATERSPORTS & ACTIVITIES (some at a supplement)
- Magnificent lagoon and plenty of good snorkeling
- 3 sparkling clear fresh water swimming pools overlooking the beach
- Flood lit tennis court
- Golf driving range (floodlit), putting green, 6 holes pitch & putt golf course
- Beach volleyball
- Table tennis
- Foosball table
- Board Games
- Football ground
- Fishing excursions
- Fitness center with modern exercise equipment
- Pro-Divers Scuba Centre
- Ocean Water Sports Centre
- Nightly entertainment
- Weekly activity programme
- Guided excursions
- Internet Café
- 4 Gift Shops
WELCOME TO THE MALDIVES
A destination of dazzling tropical beauty that offers the perfect recipe for relaxation and rejuvenation! A country of more than a thousand islands spread over 90,000 square kilometres of the Indian Ocean. Endowed with a dreamlike beauty, the Maldives welcomes you to enjoy its natural splendour and charm. For most holidaymakers, great sunny days with deep blue skies, clear lagoons with pleasing shades of blue, moonlit nights, the soothing sound of little waves lapping soft white sands, the ruffle of palms and powdery white beaches are the basic ingredient for a tropical island holiday – few places offer these in greater abundance than the Maldives.
Maldives offers a variety of resorts catering to the taste and budget of most travellers. All resorts are located on their own private island, making their beaches idyllically crowd-free. From Robinson Crusoe style to those offering a more conventional style, your resort is your haven from which to spend your days relaxing with a cocktail or two, diving in the spectacular ocean, or taking advantage of the spa facilities, water sports or activities the resort has to offer. Maldives is bare foot luxury at its best.
The warm seas of the Maldives have high visibility throughout the year; with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times. Over a thousand species of fish and other underwater creatures inhabit the Maldivian waters. Enjoy your days snorkelling, diving, deep-sea fishing or cruising at sunset.
The Maldives has a hot tropical climate and the temperature remains remarkably consistent at around 30°C year round – and that’s on the beach and in the water! The sea in the Maldives is warm all year round and the water temperature is an average of 29°C (yowzers!)
The Maldives is 3 hours ahead of South Africa.
International flights arrive at Male’s Hulhule airport, which is on an island of its own. Transfers from the airport to your resort island are either by boat, seaplane or domestic flight, depending on the distance. If your resort requires a seaplane transfer, be aware that seaplanes only operate in daylight hours. The seaplane journey in itself is an experience, as you get stunning views of the atolls – make sure you get a window seat and that you get your camera out before boarding. The seaplane will usually land next to a floating platform, from which you will be picked up by boat to be taken the remaining few metres in shore to your resort.
Electricity supply is 220V to 240V, 50Hz AC. The standard socket is the UK-style three-pin, although there are some variations, so an international adaptor will be useful.
The language of the Maldivians is Dhivehi and is very similar to several other languages from Sri Lanka, South East Asia and North India. English is also widely spoken in the Maldives.
If you are a certified diver, travel with proof of your certification and discover this miracle of nature called Maldives – a true diver’s dream. If you are not certified – well there’s no time like the present! Take the plunge while on holiday in the Maldives – with its shallow lagoons, the Maldives offers ideal conditions for beginners. Maldives is one of the most coral rich regions in the world, here you are spoilt for choice when it comes to diving. With over a thousand different species of coral and fish, every dive is a fascinating experience. While boat diving is more popular, shore diving to discover natures little wonders in the house reef off the island is also amazing. Diving possibilities include drift diving, wreck diving and night diving.
WHAT TO PACK
- As a guide, the maximum weight for checked luggage is 20kg in economy class and 30kg in business class
- If you’re taking a seaplane transfer, the luggage allowance is a little more restrictive than your commercial flight – you are allowed 20kg per person of baggage and one piece of hand luggage weighing no more than 5kg.
- Take along your best beach and casual wear, perfect for the day
- A light rain jacket might come in handy in the event of the occasional rain shower
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion are a must
- Don’t forget any medication that you might need, and be sure to pack it in your hand luggage
- Chargers for all your devices (it’s a good idea to take along a few movies on a tablet or something similar as the English TV channels in your hotel may be limited)
- Take along your own goggles & snorkels – even though your resort will have this equipment available to hire, you’ll probably be happier having your own
- Mosquito repellent
- Flip flops, sun hat and a beach bag
- An underwater camera is a great idea
- Pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage in case of baggage delays (and a spare cozzie so at least you can have a swim when you get to your resort)
- Clothing creases less if rolled in a sausage shape when packed – so roll, don’t fold
- No sharp objects are permitted in your hand luggage (yes, tweezers are sharp!)
- Travel insurance is a must. If you can’t afford it, you can’t afford to travel!
- Travelling with kids – please check that you have all the relevant documents including unabridged Birth Certificates.
- Put electronics, medication, toothbrushes and jewellery in your carry-on bag
- It’s often a good idea to let your bank or credit card company know that you’re going overseas
- Be patient, be flexible, be spontaneous and have the best time ever!